Now Showing: The Mother Earth Experience
Visit us at the
. 4th Friday Art Walk
Siskiyou Arts Council Gallery & Cultural Center in Mt. Shasta is located at 418 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd. Siskiyou Arts Council is now able to provide more service for the arts in Siskiyou County. Please stop by the Gallery to see the current art show. Our hours are M-F 10am – 5pm and Saturdays 11am – 5pm.
If you are interested in joining the Co-op, entering work in future shows, having your own solo show, presenting a demonstration or performance, teaching, reading poetry, or if you have some time to volunteer, please call Paula Reynolds, at 530.938.0130 or contact the Gallery 530.926.1294.
**PLEASE NOTE: Gallery hours have changed as of April 1, 2013 to Tuesday through Saturday, 12noon to 5pm. All art will be accepted and picked up on Tuesdays instead of Mondays.
Mission Statement: The mission of the Siskiyou Arts Council is to value creativity, promote education and excite our community’s participation in the visual, performing and literary arts.
The Siskiyou Arts Council will provide a retail space to promote and facilitate the exhibition and sale of high-end arts and crafts. SAC will facilitate countywide participation in the Gallery & Cultural Center.
Expectations for all pieces submitted to the gallery for jurying are as follows:
- All pieces must be original works of art.
- All works must have been created within the last year.
- Pieces may not have been shown in previous Siskiyou County shows.
- Work done as class assignments will not be accepted.
- Artwork must be clean and presented in a professional standard (Please call the gallery, 926-1294, with questions).
- Artwork must be ready to hang with eyehooks and a wire across the back to fit our gallery hanging system.
- All entries must be accompanied by a fully completed entry form.
- A $5 non-refundable entry fee is required per piece entered.
- It is understood that these are juried shows and artwork may be rejected.
- All work chosen for the show must be available through the show’s duration.
- All rights to the original works remain with the artist.
- All work must be picked up by pick-up date unless other arrangements have been made or they will be considered donations. Storage fees may apply.
- Permission to use submitted artwork for promotion of the event is given with the artist’s signature on the entry form.
- It is the responsibility of the artist to ensure that accepted artwork is suitably framed (gallery standard), with hanging hardware (screw eyes and wire only – no nail hangers) or mounted and stabilized for pedestal display.
- Framed watercolors, drawings, photography, etc., should be matted.
- All frames, armatures and mounting arrangements must be securely constructed. No damaged or scratched frames.
- All art works must be labeled on the back with: Name of piece, artist’s name, address, phone number, email address, and price of piece.
- If special requirements are necessary for the installation of an artist’s work, please notify SAC staff and the Hanging Committee to ensure safe and appropriate installation.
- Artists will be responsible for any additional costs if specialized assistance or equipment is required.
- All artwork must be clean and ready to display, including clean glass and dust free art.
Siskiyou Arts Council is now offering our north wall for rent to artists for individual shows. Contact SAC’s Business office for information, 938.0130.
Schedule for 2013
January 22 through February 18
~Jonathan Dixon ~
Opening: Friday, January 25, 5 to 8 pm
February 19 through March 4
A Members-only show
Drop off date: Monday, February 18, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Opening: Friday, February 22, 5 to 8 pm
March 4 through 18
Drop off date: Monday, February 25 through Saturday, March 2
Voting: March 4 through 18, 2012.
March 19 through April 22
Opening: Friday, March 22, 5 to 8 pm
April 23 through May 20
~THE MOTHER EARTH EXPERIENCE~
Drop off date: Tuesday, April 23, 1 to 4:00 p.m.
Opening: Friday, April 26, 5 to 8 pm
May 21 through June 24
~SPIRIT OF PATRIOTISM~
Memories and depictions of American Heroes
Drop off date: Tuesday, May 21, 1 to 4:00 p.m.
Opening: Saturday, May 24, 5 to 8 pm
June 25 through July 22
Opening: Friday, June 28, 5 to 8 pm
July 23 through August19
~Weston’s Fiber Arts Show~
Opening: Friday, July 26, 5 to 8 pm
August 20 through September 23
Opening: Friday, August 23, 5 to 8 pm
Mountain Arts Cooperative takes over
the Siskiyou Arts Council Gallery
Opening: Friday, September 27, 5 to 8 pm
November 19 through December 31
~Mountain Arts Cooperative Winter Show~
Opening: Friday, November 25, 5 to 8pm